Tax and Information Filing Requirements.
Forms 1040 – US Individual Income Tax Return. US citizens and deemed residents must report their worldwide income on this annual reporting form.
- Form 1040NR – US Non-Resident Alien Income Tax Return. Foreign persons residing overseas who derive US source income may be obliged to file this return.
- Form 114 – Foreign Banking Account Report. Any US person (US citizen, US corporation, US partnership, US estate or US resident (green card holder)) with signature authority or financial interest in one or more foreign financial accounts the aggregate value of which exceeds $10,000 in a calendar year is obliged to file this report by 30 June.
- Form 926 – Transfers to Foreign Corporations. Transfers of tangible or intangible property by a US person to a foreign corporation.
- Form 1120F – US Income Tax Return of a Foreign Corporation. Foreign corporations engaged in a trade or business in the United States are obliged to file this difficult return.
- Form 3520 – Annual Return to Report Transactions with Foreign Trusts. The grantor or beneficiary of a foreign trust must file this form under certain prescribed circumstances.
- Form 3520-A – Annual Information Return of Foreign Trust. US owners of foreign trust must disclose details about the foreign trust, US beneficiaries, and any US person owing a portion of the trust.
- Form 4790 – Report of International Transportation of Currency. Required in the event of exporting or importing $10,000 in currency or other financial instruments.
- Form 5471 – Information Return of US Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Corporation. Any US person with ownership interest in a foreign corporation is required annually or periodically to file this onerous information return.
- Form 5472 – Information Return of a 25% Foreign-Owned US Corporation or a Foreign Corporation Engaged in a US Trade or Business. The reporting corporation must file this return if it had a reportable transaction with a foreign or domestic related party.
- Form 8621 – Information Return by a Shareholder of a Passive Foreign Investment Company. US person that is a direct or indirect shareholder files according to certain criteria.
- Form 8833 – Treaty-Based Return Position Disclosure. Any filer who takes a treaty-based return position.
- Form 8854 – Initial and Annual Expatriation Statement. Reporting provisions that apply to US citizens who have relinquished their citizenship and long term residents who have terminated their residency.
- Form 8865 – Return of US Persons With Respect to Certain Foreign Partnerships. US persons are obliged to file this detailed form based on predetermined criteria.
- Form 8858 – Information Return of US Persons With Respect to Foreign Disregarded Entities. US persons that are tax owners of a Foreign Disregarded Entity must file this complex return.
- Form 8938 – Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets. Depending on filing status, the report calls for disclosing Specified Foreign Financial Assets.